More than ever, executives and managers are realizing that the User Experience (UX) of their products and services is crucial to the bottom line, and that that experience can be designed. As a result, it’s not only UX designers that are in demand—being able to "talk the lingo" of UX has become a necessity for doing business. The ability to leverage basic UX techniques is helping professionals in a range of disciplines be more attuned to their customer, more empowered to communicate, and more energized by their work.
WHEN? August 28th, 10AM - 6PM
WHERE? Startup Campus, Rua Rodrigo de Fonseca 11, Lisbon
HOW MUCH? Regular Tickets €200 +VAT
(Invoice will be issued from Fábrica de Startups after Eventbrite registration. Payment must be made within 5 working days of receiving invoice)
IS THIS FOR YOU?
Designed for beginners and anyone working or aiming to work in digital, this workshop will be particularly useful for:
- Visual designers, content managers and developers wanting to understand where their discipline crosses over with UX, and how they can work well with UX designers,
- People wanting to know more about UX before undertaking formal training,
- Marketing, account, product and project managers wanting to understand when UX should come in, what it does and its value,
- Entrepreneurs and business managers looking to understand UX before recruiting UX designers.
Session I: Morning
- Demystify what User Experience Design encompasses
- Understand, in detail, the design process
- Introduction to the bootcamp project: Design an app to solve a problem
- Conduct user research applied to a specific need
- Project Workshops Part I: Concept Map, Personas, User Stories, User Flows, Identify Interface
Session II: Afternoon
- Project Workshops Part II: Sketching, Design Studio & Participatory Design, Prototyping
- Project Workshops Part III : User Testing & Usability Testing
- Personal Development: Explore your design profile,
- UX Design Portfolios: build a case study for your project and discuss tips for UX Design Portfolios
Austin Keeble is a User Experience Designer from the southern wilds of Atlanta, Georgia, currently living and working in London as a consultant and General Assembly London educator. Recent projects include work as the lead UX Consultant for Sky, STA Travel, and Audi AG. He likes cycling, percussion and collecting antique maps.